Residents can now place all mandated recyclables in one container.
These items include:
- Plastic, Numbers 1, 2 and 5
- Glass Bottles and Jars
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel, Tin cans
- Paper bags
- Flattened cardboard (if you have a large amount please placed flattened in a neat pile next to blue container)
- Junk mail/office paper
Download the free Recycle Coach App from the Apple App Store or Android Play Store! It can help answer any questions you may have on most any item, eliminate the guesswork of recycling and also remind you of your scheduled pickup days!
Residents who wish to bring recycling material, bulk, electronics and/or metal are welcome to drop off their items No contractor material is accepted. At this time an electronic recycling container is located at 250 Pinebrook Road, Eatontown, New Jersey 07724. ID is required to use the facility.
Shredded paper is not recyclable due to the size of the "shreds". Paper that is already shredded can be placed in your household trash Public Works also hosts shredding events annually, check the Public Works home page for dates and times.
Please note that mirrors are considered bulk trash and not glass and should be disposed of as such.
Tips for a Cleaner Recycle Stream:
- All containers should be rinsed and dried with labels removed
- Caps removed from any pourable bottles
- No plastic bags in the recycle bin
- No liquids
- Keep in mind: When in doubt, throw it out!