- Boards & Committees
- Beautify Eatontown
- 7:30 pm
- 1st Tuesday of every month
- Borough Hall
2nd Floor, Meeting Room
Please note: The March meeting will be held on Tuesday, March 8, 2022, at 7:30 pm in Borough Hall.
- Albert Baginsky
- Donald Bretzger
- Judith Bretzger
- Constance Comberg
- Louis Kane
- Frederick Shea
- Barbara Stark
- Douglas Simonelli
- Tim Staunton
The Eatontown Beautify Committee is committed to improving Eatontown’s appearance. This is accomplished through conducting annual Borough-wide Clean-ups, Maintaining Public Gardens, encouraging local homeowner gardening, Holiday Decorations, and preserving Green Space.
- Annual Clean-ups – the Committee, along with the DPW, manages Borough-wide Cleanups. One in the Spring and one in the Fall. Over 100 residents routinely participate in the Clean-ups. Trash removed includes but is not limited to, paper, bottles, cans, metal parts, and tires. The Lions Club has supported the Clean -up effort by adopting a portion of Route 36 to monitor for trash. We also hold small targeted Clean-ups as needed.
- Maintain Gardens and Encourage Gardening – the Committee maintains a number of Public Gardens including one on Grant Ave, at Maple and Clinton Avenues, West Parking Lot, the Library, and the Arboretum. These Gardens are thriving due to the efforts of the Committee, friends, and DPW. We also encourage an interest in gardening by donating packets of flower seeds to the Woodmere School 4th Grade students. We also hand out hundreds of daffodil bulbs at the annual Community Day.
- Green Space – We are dedicated to keeping Eatontown as Green as possible and support the preservation of passive recreation opportunities. We partner with the Environmental and Shade Tree Commissions to reduce the intrusion of invasive plant species.
- Holiday Decorations – We continue to support the DPW and other contributors, to make Eatontown as festive as possible year-round, especially during the Holidays. Eatontown’s holiday decorations including the Season’s Greetings sign and Lighted Tree at Wampum Park, to the snowmen and women in front of Borough Hall, and are a positive addition to Eatontown’s makeup.
If you have an interest in gardening or just sprucing up Eatontown, we have a place for you on the Eatontown Beautify Committee, please contact us by email. To volunteer to be a member of the committee please download and fill out the Citizen Leadership Form (PDF) and contact the Borough Clerk at 732-389-7601.
Beautify Eatontown, Formerly Pride in Eatontown Committee - After almost forty years of service, the Pride in Eatontown (PIE) Committee has become a dynamic force in improving the town’s appearance. Now, well into the 21st century, committee members have recognized the importance of updating the group’s name, making its mission clear to the public. The Mayor and Borough Council approved the new name — “Beautify Eatontown” in May of 2017.