Eatontown Borough | 47 Broad Street Eatontown, NJ 07724 | (732) 389-7600

Housing Department

Tenant-Landlord Complaints?

Residents may contact the Housing Office and follow the appropriate procedures for filing a complaint.

Read more

When will the Certificate be issued?

A certificate will be issued when all required conditions have been met.

Read more

What is the procedure for obtaining a Certificate?

Obtain and complete an application (building Department, on-line). Read checklist provided and prepare dwelling for inspection. Contact the housing office at 732-389-7616 for an appointment. Bring application and fee to inspection site.

Read more

When is a Certificate required?

Certificates of Occupancy for rentals are required prior to a tenant moving in. Certificates of Continued Use for sales must be preformed prior to the new owners taking possession of that property. A new certificate is required for any change of occupant/owner.

Read more

What is a Certificate of Occupancy/Certificate of Continued Use?

A Certificate of Occupancy/Certificate of Continued Use requires an inspection of a dwelling and the property it sits upon to make sure it meets the requirements for the health, safety and welfare of the occupants of that dwelling. A Certificate of Occupancy is issued for all residential […]

Read more